InBOLD Inc Subscription Policy and Guidelines for LASSEN Labs Products
When you choose to receive LASSEN Labs products by subscription plan and enroll, you will automatically be billed for each shipment until you cancel (you can cancel anytime). We will notify you when billing takes place for every shipment so you are never surprised at a charge. With this subscription, you’ll receive your first shipment of selected products right away PLUS a new order of the subscription choices you selected to receive every month or as often as you have chosen to receive them. There is no obligation to continue your plan and you can cancel anytime. After placing your subscription order, you don’t need to reorder the products. You only need to review the plan and make changes when you want to remove or add more items. You’ll be billed for your first shipment after payment has been processed. Subsequent shipments will be billed at your original order price and automatically sent on a monthly shipping schedule or other frequency timeframe requested. Each shipment will be billed separately at the designated price, plus taxes and shipping and handling, if applicable. Delivery and billing are repeated until you cancel your subscription plan. You have the option to conveniently manage your subscription plan(s) online, or call Customer Service at (833) 552-7736.
Can I manage my subscription plan(s) online?
You can manage your subscription plan on lassenlabs.com or through the Lassen Labs mobile app. Select My Account and click, Auto-Delivery and Subscription Plan. You have options to skip a shipment, increase frequency of shipment, cancel your subscription plan, or make other changes, such as choices of your order items and quantity.
You can also change and update payment and shipment information. You cannot accelerate or delay any specific scheduled subscription shipment but you can make changes to your plan.
Note: A secure password is automatically generated for you on account creation. Reference I checked out without entering a password so how do I view and manage my subscription orders for additional guidance.
Can I cancel my subscription plan?
Yes! Cancel anytime online or by calling Customer Service at (833) 552-7736. You won’t receive or be billed for any future shipments, unless your shipment is too far along in the shipping process or has already shipped.
How can I manage my subscription plan?
Go to our online Auto-Delivery & Subscription management tool. Click on My Account and then Auto-Delivery & Subscription Plans to view a full listing. To access a particular plan, click on View/Edit Plan. Or, to make changes by phone, please call Customer Service at (833) 552-7736.
I checked out without entering a password so how do I view and manage my subscription orders?
You have the option to place an order on your account without entering a password. However, a password is required to access your account and view or manage any information about your orders, including subscription orders.
So, if you did not create a password when you first ordered, go to the My Account page, and choose the Password link. Create a password and you are ready to make any changes. You can call Customer Service for assistance at (833) 552-7736 if needed.
Can I edit future shipments?
You will not be able to accelerate or delay a specific shipment since you are on a schedule. You can skip a shipment, cancel your subscription plan at any time, or make other changes—such as order quantity or payment and shipment information. Make changes to individual subscription shipments by selecting the Edit option in the Edit Shipments for this Plan section. To make changes to ALL future shipments, select the Edit option in the Plan Details section.
Note: Once the first item in your subscription plan has shipped, you can make changes to future shipments. Some restrictions may apply for certain plans and at certain stages in the shipping process.
You can make changes to the following:
- Order Quantity: Increase or decrease the quantity for your plan.
- Order Frequency: Increase or decrease the frequency of your plan. Monthly is the default option.
- Edit Ship-to Address: Select from your address book, or enter a new one to send a shipment as a gift. (To edit your Billing Address, visit My Account.)
- Edit Payment Information: Add a new credit card, choose a different card, update an expiration date, or change payment method.
- Shipping Method: Select a new shipping method from the drop-down list
- Skip Shipment: Cancel a particular shipment but still remain enrolled in the subscription plan.
- Cancel All Future Shipments: Click this link if you’d like to cancel a plan and all its future shipments. Once you’ve canceled your plan, you may see a Reinstate Auto-Delivery or Subscription Plan link. Click this to re-enroll and begin receiving shipments again at your original order price. This link will remain visible and available for a limited time. If the Reinstate Auto-Delivery or Subscription Plan link is not visible, you’ll need to purchase your items again in order to start receiving monthly shipments once more.
What are my subscription payment options?
You’re able to pay by most major credit cards. If you pay by credit card, you’ll automatically be billed at the time of each shipment. If you pay by check or money order, you’ll be sent a reminder before each subsequent shipment is mailed. As soon as your check or money order is received and processed by InBOLD Inc, your next shipment will be sent. Mail check or money order payments to:
849 Almar Ave Ste C-462
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
How do I return subscription item?
If for any reason you’re not completely satisfied, return the item within 30 days of receipt for exchange (if available) or a refund of the purchase price. Follow the return instructions on the pack slip included with your shipment.
Returning one shipment won’t discontinue your entire plan—you’ll continue receiving monthly shipments. However, if you make two consecutive returns for refunds in your subscription plan, but still wish to remain enrolled, please contact Customer Service to arrange future deliveries. Otherwise, InBOLD Inc will automatically cancel your plan.
Can I restart or reinstate a subscription plan I previously canceled?
Yes, for a limited time. But the option to restart subscription may not be available on every plan. To see if this option is available, go to My Account and click Auto-Delivery & Subscription Plans. Then, on the Order Status page, select View Plan next to the one you’d like to restart. If Reinstate Auto-Delivery & Subscription Plan is visible, you’re able to restart your plan at your original order price. You can also contact Customer Service at (833) 552-7736 for assistance. If Reinstate Auto-Delivery & Subscription Plan is not visible, you’ll need to purchase your items again in order to start receiving monthly shipments.
Will InBOLD Inc cancel my subscription plan for LASSEN Labs products?
We strives to deliver your favorite products for as long as you remain enrolled in the plan or as long as the product is available. However, if for any reason InBOLD Inc must discontinue or cancel your plan, you’ll be notified by email or USPS mail. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
My Account Pages
After a customer has purchased one or more subscription products with your store, they can view details of their subscriptions on the My Account page.
My Account is created by WooCommerce and gives a customer access to their billing and shipping addresses, order history and other account details. WooCommerce Subscriptions adds a My Subscriptions table to this page.
In the My Subscriptions table, Subscriptions lists the ID for each customer’s subscriptions, along with subscription status, next payment date and links to My Account > View Subscription, where the customer can view all details of the subscription.
View Subscription Page
To view the full details for a subscription:
- Go to My Account page.
- Scroll to the My Subscriptions table.
- Select the View button next to the subscription in the My subscriptions table; or
- Click the subscription number under the Subscription column in the My Subscription table.
This takes the customer to My Account > View Subscription for a single subscription. On this page, the customer can: a) View, and b) in some cases change, the subscription’s:
- start date, trial end, next payment and end date (if any)
- line items, including products, shipping, fees and taxes
- recurring totals (i.e. the total amount charged each renewal)
- payment method
- order history, including the original order used to purchase the subscription (if any), renewal orders and orders placed to upgrade or downgrade the subscription
- contact email and phone number
- billing and shipping addresses
WooCommerce Subscriptions displays a set of action buttons below each subscription’s details on the My Account > View Subscription page. A subscriber can use these buttons to:
- Cancel or Suspend an active subscription
- Reactivate a suspended subscription
- Resubscribe an expired or canceled subscription
- Pay for a renewal order when the automatic recurring payment failed or the subscription uses manual renewals
- Change the Payment Method used for automatic recurring payments
- Change Address for subscriptions which require shipping
Alongside each line item on the subscription, the customer can also Upgrade or downgrade that line item to a different but related subscription product.
Suspend or Cancel Subscriptions
By default, both a Cancel and Suspend button is displayed next to each active subscription in the View Subscription page.
If you do not wish to allow customers to suspend their subscription with your store so easily, you can disable customer suspensions in Subscription Settings. There is no setting to disable cancellation, but it can be disabled with custom code to remove the Cancel button from the View Subscription page.
When a subscription has been put on-hold, either by you or the customer, a Reactivate button is displayed to allow the customer to restart their subscription. If the subscription was put on-hold because a payment is due, then the Reactivate button is not displayed. The customer must pay for the renewal before a subscription is reactivated.
The buttons also only display if the payment gateway used to purchase the subscription supports the relevant action. Find out if your payment gateway supports these features at Subscription Payment Gateways.
Requirements to Display Suspend Button
For the suspend button to be displayed:
- the payment gateway used to purchase the subscription must support subscription suspension.
- the subscription must currently have a status of active or pending.
- customer suspension is enabled in the Subscription Settings or is a store admin.
- current user must be set as the customer on the subscription.
Requirements to Display Cancel Button
For the cancel button to be displayed:
- the payment gateway used to purchase the subscription must support subscription cancellation.
- the subscription must currently have a status other than cancelled, trash, expired, switched or pending-cancel.
- the subscription must have at least one future payment as there is no need to cancel a subscription that will end before any future payment is processed.
Remove a Product Item
If a subscription has more than one product line item, the customer can remove some or all but one of those items from the subscription. This allows customers to remove items they initially subscribed to but no longer wish to receive on each renewal.
To remove an item, the customer should:
- Go to My Account page.
- Select the View button next to the subscription they want to modify.
- Clicks the red cross next to the product they want to remove.
- Clicks OK.
After the item has been removed, the subscription’s totals are updated to remove the cost of that product.
Pay for Renewal
On occasion, a renewal order may need payment either because:
- manual renewal payment is required
- last automatic renewal payment failed
If payment is required on the renewal order for a subscription, a Pay button is also displayed next to the order under Recent Orders of both the My Account > View Subscription page and the My Account page.
The Pay action is only displayed when:
- order has a status requiring payment. By default it is on-hold or pending, but can be customized;
- subscription is on hold or pending, as this also signifies the subscription has not been manually reactivated by a store manager despite payment not being collected for the renewal order.
Clicking the Pay button in the subscription actions or order actions will direct the customer through a normal WooCommerce checkout process to pay for the subscription’s renewal. Once payment is completed for the renewal order, the subscription will be reactivated.
If the payment is to make up for a automatic recurring payment that previously failed, Subscriptions will attempt to update the payment method on the subscription so that future recurring payments will use the new payment method rather than the failing payment method. However, this is only possible with payment gateways which support Recurring Payment Method Changes.
If a subscriber wants to have their products shipped to a different address, or they move and need to update their billing address, they can change the addresses used for their subscriptions from the My Account page.
There are two methods a customer can use to update their address:
- Update the shipping address for one subscription; or
- Update the shipping and/or billing addresses for all subscriptions.
Change Address on One Subscription
To change the shipping address used for a single subscription, the customer needs to:
- Go to their My Account > View Subscription page.
- Click the Change Address button next to the subscription.
- Enter the new address details in the form.
- Click Save Address.
At the base of the edit address form, the customer is advised that both the shipping address used for this subscription and the default shipping address for future purchases are updated. However, the shipping address for other subscriptions is not changed.
Requirements for Change Address Button
The Change Address button is only displayed when:
- shipping is enabled in WooCommerce
- at least one shipping method is setup in WooCommerce
- the subscription needs shipping – subscriptions to products set to be Virtual and/or that have a status other than Active or On-hold do not require shipping.
Change the Address on All Subscriptions
To change the address used for all subscriptions, the customer needs to:
- Go to their My Account page.
- Select the Edit link next to the shipping or billing address.
- Enter the new address details in the form.
- Tick the checkbox: Update the address used for all of my active subscriptions.
- Save Address.
Change Payment Method
The Change Payment Method button can be used update the payment method for future recurring payments, e.g., When a subscriber’s credit card expires, or they want to use a different credit card than the one currently on file.
Change Recurring Payment Process
To change the payment method used for a subscription, the customer would:
- Select the Change Payment Method button next to a subscription.
- Enter the new payment details on the Checkout > Pay page.
- Submit the Checkout > Pay form and returns to the My Account page where a confirmation message says that the payment method has been updated.
Requirements for Changing Payment
It’s not always possible, or necessary, for a customer to be able to change the recurring payment method on a subscription. As a result, the Change Payment Method button is only displayed if a subscription:
- Has the status of active
- Requires automatic recurring payments. Changing a payment method for manual renewals is unnecessary as the customer can choose a payment method for each recurring payment.
- Site is not in Staging Mode. In Staging Mode all subscriptions are treated as requiring manual renewal to avoid duplicate payments.
- Uses a payment gateway that supports canceling the subscription
- Has at least one future automatic payment scheduled. There is no need to change a payment method if no payments will occur.
The site also needs to have at least one payment gateway enabled that supports payment method changes.
If you allow switching between subscription products on your site, customers will be able to upgrade or downgrade between different subscription products via the View Subscription page.
The Switch Process
To switch subscriptions, the customer:
- Selects the Upgrade or Downgrade button on the line item they want to switch.
- Selects a new subscription product and clicks Sign up Now.
- A checkout form is presented, along with a notice that this subscription will replace the existing subscription and the date the next payment will be charged.
- Completes the checkout form for the new subscription.
- The standard Order Received page is presented, displaying details of up-front payment (if any) and recurring payments (if any).
- Is returned to the My Account page where they can see the line item on the subscription has been changed, and the recurring totals updated (if the amounts were different).
It’s not always possible, or necessary, for a customer to be able to switch to a new subscription. The Upgrade or Downgrade button is only displayed if you allow switching AND the subscription:
- Is a Variable Subscription product or the child of a Grouped Product, depending on which product type you set when enabling switching
- Uses manual renewals or automatic renewals with a gateway that supports recurring amount and payment date changes
- Has a status of active (if the subscription is canceled or expired, the customer could simply choose a new subscription)
- Has at least one completed payment (this means if a subscription is manually added, you also need to process a renewal or create a pending order for the subscription and mark it as processing or completed)
If the Force secure checkout setting is enabled under WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout, the Force HTTP when leaving the checkout setting must be disabled. This is to ensure that the customer remains logged-in when viewing the product’s page to initiate the switch.
If a customer’s subscription has expired or been canceled, they can create a new subscription with the same terms as the original subscription by resubscribing to the inactive subscription from the My Account > View Subscription page.
Clicking the Resubscribe button takes the customer through the normal WooCommerce checkout process to pay for the subscription’s renewal. Once paid, a new subscription s created with the same billing terms as the original subscription.
Resubscribing to an expired or been canceled subscription has a number of differences to purchasing the same subscription product from the product page, like not charging a sign-up fee again. Behavior of the resubscribe process is explained in detail at Renewal Process Guide.
It’s not always possible, or necessary, for a customer to be able to resubscribe to a previous subscription. The Resubscribe button is only displayed on the My Account page when the existing subscription has:
- expired, pending-cancellation or canceled status
- at least one successful payment
- a recurring total more than 0, to avoid allowing customers to resubscribe for free to subscriptions where the entire cost is charged in a sign-up fee, which is often done to pre-pay for physical products, as no sign-up fee is charged when resubscribing
- product line items that still exist, to avoid errors when attempting to purchase products via checkout that have been deleted
- no product line items limited to active status when the customer has another active or on-hold subscription for those products
- not already been resubscribed to by the customer, to avoid allowing a customer to resubscribe more than once to the same subscription
Account Payment Methods
Gateways which support tokenization allow your customers to save information about their credit card or other payment methods. This can be used to communicate with the payment processor for future payments instead of requiring the customer to enter their credit card details again.
This is a feature of WooCommerce, not the Subscriptions extension. These payment methods are stored on the customer’s account in WooCommerce, not just a subscription. However, when used to signup for subscriptions, the payment token is copied to the subscription and stored there to be used to automatically process future renewal payments. As a result, Subscriptions needs to interact with WooCommerce’s payment method management to avoid tokens falling out of sync between a subscription and the customer’s account.
Payment Method Management
Saved payment methods can be managed from the customer’s My Account > Payment Methods page. On this page, a customer can:
- set a default payment method for future transactions
- delete a payment method from their account
- add a new payment method to their account
Deleting a Payment Method
Deleting a saved payment method which is used for subscription payments would cause future renewal payments to fail because the payment method can no longer be used.
To prevent this, Subscriptions will not allow customers to delete payment methods which are used by active subscriptions unless:
- the customer has another payment method, via the same gateway set as their default; or
- only has one other saved payment method, from the same gateway and that can be used as an alternative for the subscription.
If a customer’s account meets one of those criteria and deletes a payment method used by a subscription, the subscription will be automatically updated to use the alternative token when Subscriptions v2.2.7 or newer is installed. The customer will be notified of this after deleting the payment method.
Adding a Default Payment Method
After adding a new payment method, a customer may wish to then set this method as the default. For example, perhaps the old payment method has expired and they would like to add a new payment method for both existing and future subscriptions.
When a new payment method is added and set as default, an option will appear to update all the customer’s existing subscriptions to use that method.
Choosing “Yes” will cause the payment method for the customer’s existing subscriptions to change to this new default. This will only occur for subscriptions using a payment method that supports payment method changes. On the subscriptions, an order note will appear to record this change.
If a customer would like to renew their subscription without waiting for the next payment date, that is now possible with the Early Renewal feature.
Early Renewal Requirements
Early renewal is available under these conditions:
- Early renewal feature must be enabled
- Subscription must have an Active status
- Payment method must support date changes
- Subscription must have a recurring price, i.e. it does not have a $0 total
- Subscription does not contain any synchronized products
- Subscription must not currently be in a trial period
Process an Early Renewal
In order to process an early renewal:
- Go to My account > Subscriptions
- View chosen subscription
- In the first table, the Renew Now button will appear in the Actions row
- Click Renew Now and complete checkout
Next Payment Date After Early Renewal
After an early renewal is processed, the next payment date is extended to accommodate another billing period. For example, if a subscription renews monthly on the 15th and the next payment date is December 15th, then processing an early renewal on November 20th will move the next payment date to January 15th.
More information about this feature can be found in the Subscription Early Renewal Guide.